Thursday, April 24, 2008

fly away

that's the title of one of the songs we talked abt during a program brainstorm today. feels a bit like how i feel right now. had some misunderstanding with someone, and it's not resolved yet (hopefully will be soon =b), so that's weighing heavy on my mind. and did something really selfish today, that totally shocked me, and humbled me - realizing i am so far from learning how to love and be a servant-leader. and just a ton of work, and other non-work stuff, to process, that's weighing heavy on me.

but i'm not sad. i do feel happy to be where i am - sadistic though that may be. feel like i'm learning a lot, from God, from my colleagues, from the people i observe, from stories i hear, and from just reflection time. so that's my silver lining. =)

and i'm really thankful thankful thankful for my dear hubby. this morning, i ventured to try a new recipe for nutella frosted cupcakes. after all the measuring and mixing, i discovered i had no more cupcake cups! man. and it was raining. but my sweet and sacrificial hubby, who was working at home today, drove me out to phoon huat to get the cups, without a word of complaint! how sweet is that...

if it were me, i'd probably have grumbled sth about 'how come you never check first?!?!"

so very thankful. and the cupcakes are quite yummy =) yay, new recipe success! =)

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM , Blogger emily said...

hello dotz!

heh, i've only wandered to your blog after so many months...:p

MEL IS SO SWEET to have driven you out!!! i tink i would have thought the same thing as you "how come never check first?!".

so sweet...(:

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home