Friday, December 24, 2004

God of wonders

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

i told God: I really want to experience and see your glory. i seem to have a very 'friendly' relationship with you - you know, lie buddy-buddy-best-friend kinda thing. but i want to be in AWE of you.

then i felt God reminding me that if i would just stop talking and just keep silent and look all around me, i would see the wondrous display of His glory in all the surrounds me. the earth beneath my feet that keeps me up, the sun and skies above that are created in such beautiful colours and that remain constant day after day, year after year. and the sea breeze that blows so gently without morphing into a typhoon! truly He has the whole world in the palm of his hand, including me!

it suddenly felt like the ground on which i stand is held by His own two hands. the skies above are 'set' in place by his fingers. and the breeze that blows is a gift of His grace.

God of wonders beyond our galaxy
You are holy, holy
The universe declares Your majesty
You are holy, holy
Lord of Heaven and Earth

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Blogger Simon Seow said...

The God of wonders.. did the most wonderful thing.. in the most wonderous ways... when He sent His only Son, Jesus for us.

This Christmas, I'm understanding and appreciating anew this immense love demonstrated by Him

Thank you Lord for your best gift to us... =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home