Monday, September 24, 2007

back to blogging

i'm back!

left off blogging for a while cos i wanted to deal with some personal issues in the privacy of my mind, and also because work has been seriously hectic for the past 2 weeks.

thankfully, my issues have been somewhat 'resolved', or at least i find myself more aware of how i think, why i react to certain things, and how to deal with my heart. =) the 'resolution' was brought about by much (sometimes frantic) journaling during staff summit, honest conversations with selected friends, encouragement and hugs from the hubby, and lots of tears and prayers.

work wise, i was busy with coordinating the worship team for Connect Conference, a youth conference that was held over last weekend. i love love LOVE the team! really feel so blessed by each one of them, and encouraged by their heart to serve and sacrifice time and energy for the many nights of practice. through the conference, i also learnt a precious lesson in standing up for what you believe, and in trusting God.

* * *

today was a nice relaxing day. i had the day off (!!!) in lieu of the busy weekend. didn't wake up late, cos i wanted to make french toast for my darling hubby before he left for work. it was kind of weird seeing him go and knowing i had the house to myself ALL DAY.

after breakfast, i spent a happy hour wrapping presents for Christmas =) Haha... yup i have my first few Christmas presents already. i'm like that lah, I always buy them way in advance, if i see something that i think someone will like. muahaha... this year its different cos we are sharing for some people, so we have to choose the gifts together. i'm going with a gold-white-black theme. classy eh? =)

with a stack of beautifully wrapped presents stashed away, i began my frenzy of ironing. i had two laundry baskets to clear, on account of having no time to do any sort of housework last week. ironing is sweaty business, especially when it comes to men's shirts. bleah.

lunch time! i walked across to compass point and had a nice mos shrimp cutlet burger meal lunch all to myself. heh. surprisingly no noisy school groups around to disturb the peace.

after lunch i went grocery shopping! i love grocery shopping =D

went home and did a batch of laundry, then hung them up to dry. watched the afternoon shows - my parents house (a redecorating show), tyra banks (it was really touching. i always cry at her shows)... then it was time to begin dinner.

today, feeling adventurous, i had bought ingredients for chicken curry. =) so i set about to prepare all the ingredients. it took rather long to chop everything up... in fact, i took almost an hour to just chop things! so poor mel had to wait till almost 8pm for his dinner. =b Hee...

Also tried out the red cooking wine that i had bought on a whim, since it was on sale. i stir fried mushrooms in olive oil, red wine, garlic, salt and pepper.

Mel said both dishes are great (YAY!!!) although the curry could be a little hotter. i guess i will add more chilli next time.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 Comments:

At 11:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so yummy!!! :p U r an inspiration to me DOTS!!! :P I love u!!! :) :) :) I know what u mean exactly about working on ur issues... like how I have been working on it for months... and STILL on it. :) thanks for asking me if im alright... and patting me and smiling at me always when u see me. always feel warm and cared around u... miss u!!

yvonne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home