Thursday, January 26, 2006

drumming is such fun!

it's been about one month since i started properly practising drums. yup, i've really fallen in love with the instrument! although i'm still very raw and beginner level, it gives me a 'high' whenever i successfully play a beat or get the fill in just the right place! =D hee...

i've been practising with some basic exercises that pat, haiks and daniel, my drum gurus, taught me. also, been trying to play along with ken hirai's album. track number 4 is for practising a fast groove. track number 5 is for practising a slow groove. track number 8 is for practising high hat stuff, like techno a bit.

so far, my weakest point is my left leg coordination with everything else. i seem to be pretty good at coordinating my hands and my right leg. oh man, but once the left leg comes in, eg. lifting the high hat, everything goes off. sigh...

so that's what i've been practising this past week. trying to inculcate left foot things into the groove. even if i can't lift my foot on every beat yet, as a lot of good musicians are able to, i'm trying to lift it at certain beats to add to the groove and to keep time. there's SOME progress so far...

=) yay!!!

on a last but very important note... today, it's ELEVEN MONTHS since mel and i got attached! =) hee... i'm a sucker for such sentimental moments lah. *

1 Comments:

At 11:55 PM , Blogger Life's Full of SynchoPATions said...

Go Drumlet! OK maybe Drummerette (a little lady drummer) is more correct. =] Trust me, the left leg thingy will come to you just like dat one; like one day you wake up and suddenly you can do it liao... so keep at it! You are making good progress.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home