Sunday, January 08, 2006

thank God I'm a girl!

ok, technically i'm a 'woman', given my age and all =)

i had a great time today! it's my first time teaching in senior sunday school. i'll be co-teaching with yk and cor, and we're overseeing our flock of some 15 jc1 and 2 girls.

i know some of them from when i led youth choir in the past. but i haven't talked to them in so long, that it was good to catch up with a few over lunch! =) i really really feel so blessed by that short hour or so. God allowed us to catch up, to share, to ask questions, to answer them. I thank Him for all that he's brought me through in my JC years, because suddenly i realized how valuable those experiences and feelings were, because it means now i can relate to them so much better, and understand some of what they are feeling and going through.

JC was truly a special time for me =) the best years of my academic experience in fact!

but anyway, it was so encouraging to see how God has grown them in the past 2 years since choir stopped. and how they have matured into such delightful and unique young ladies with their individual personalities and quirks! =) i pray that in the year to come, i will get to know the group better, be a blessing to them, and be blessed by their lives as well!

anyway, pray for me, as i prepare for a workshop on "Fear" that i will lead at the end of january. i'm excited and apprehensive about this challenge, as i've never prepared a class from scratch before! so i will need God to show me what He wants me to share, and how i can make the session applicable, personal and real to the girls, and to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home