Saturday, December 31, 2005

byebye 2005, hello 2006

the past few days have just whirled by so fast! Christmas eve... Christmas Day.. Boxing day... and today is the last day of the year!

Love A Kepala season ended on 24th, and we had a time of thanksgiving and gorging on the 27th (on turkey with cranberry sauce and gravy, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and apple crisp with ice cream). i really am amazed at how God has really led each one of us in the team on our own personal journey with Him. personal affirmations and lessons He wanted us to learn. =) for me, it was all about learning to lead with confidence and trusting God to work all things out in His time.

i really feel like it has been an incredible ride. every time i think i have it 'all under control', something would happen to make me panic, and i'd have no alternative but to just turn to God. looking back, things happened just the way they did for all the right reasons, and God was working in our hearts through all the good and bad times we faced together.

Christmas day was really nice and 'homely'. i spent the whole day with my family. it was good for a change, to not go out, not meet friends, not go caroling with church (as i've been doing for the past 11 years...). instead, i went to church in the morning. mel came too! =D then it was on to my grandma's place for lunch. She had catered a buffet, and invited a couple of her friends and my uncle's friends. so it was quite a huge group of 20plus for lunch. the lunch was good.

then mel had to leave to get back to camp (poor poor mel), but i stayed on at gran's and we all watched tv and chatted until dinner time. haha! so nice to just SLACK...

dinner was remnants of lunch. didn't eat much cos still felt stuffed =b

26th we had ngam prac in the afternoon. then i watched narnia with mel =) i know the acting was pretty crappy, especially peter and susan (lucy isn't bad rite), but i really felt so touched at the scene where Aslan sacrifices himself that i started sniffling. it was an amazing moment for me, and one that wil characterize and serve as a landmark for this Christmas for me.

It was meaningful, because just that morning i'd prayed that God would show me His love in some tangible way. cos for some time, i've not really experienced His love tangibly. or rather, i haven't had time to really notice. just been caught up with activities and busyness.

but when that scene played, i just felt so unbelievably moved by the parallels with Jesus' sacrifice for me, and all the torment and shame that He had to face, that i was just so touched. =) thank You God, for that special moment. and i'm glad mel was there to share it with me!

so... fast forward to the 30th. i spent the afternoon in personal retreat. it was really a nice time. i went to cartel at city hall, and got myself a little cubby, and spent a couple of hours reading through my journal entries for december 2004 and some parts of 2005. ate a waldorf salad and apple cinnamon cocoa so i wouldn't be chased out...

it was great to look back and be reminded of how God has been with me this past year. i remember feeling so afraid and uncertain about what the future would hold at this time last year. and now, i have a job i love, someone special in my life, a family that loves me, a bunch of awesome colleagues and friends, and a laptop! =) and a blog that's still alive!!! =D

how blessed am i!

so... 2006 looms up. in just 10 hours more it will be next year. i really don't know what to expect, what changes, storms and moments of happiness this new year will bring. just trusting God, one day at a time...


into your hand
i commit again
with all I am
for you Lord

you hold my world
in the palm of your hand
and I'm yours forever

Jesus I believe in you
Jesus I belong to you
you're the reason that I live
the reason that I sing
with all I am

I'll walk with you
wherever you go
through tears and joy
I'll trust in you

and I will live
in all of your ways and
your promises forever

Jesus I believe in you
Jesus I belong to you
you're the reason that I live
the reason that I sing
with all I am

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home