Tuesday, February 14, 2006

a Valentines' Note to God

My beloved is mine, and I am his.

He brought me to the banqueting house,
And his banner over me was love.

He is altogether lovely.
This is my beloved,
And this is my friend,
O daughters of Jerusalem!

I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem,
By the gazelles or by the does of the field,
Do not stir up nor awaken love
Until it pleases.

Many waters cannot quench love,
Nor can the floods drown it.
If a man would give for love
All the wealth of his house,
it would be utterly despised.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

Set me as a seal upon your heart,
As a seal upon your arm;
For love is as strong as death,
Jealousy as cruel as the grave;
It's flames are flames of fire,
A most vehement flame.

Thank You for loving me, Lord. You are my Kinsmen Redeemer, my Beloved and my Precious Lamb. I love You Lord...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home