Thursday, November 02, 2006

God speaks through others... and through His Word

the past few days have been somewhat emotionally dissatisfying. i can't quite pinpoint why or what, but just haven't been my usual optimistic, perky self. so yesterday it was v refreshing and humbling to suddenly have a revelation cum rebuke from God, as i was helping my colleague test-run a message.

"... you are still not ready.

You are still worldly.

For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly?

Are you not acting like mere men?...

For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building...

the fire will test the quality of each man's work. (ie not me)"

1 Cor 3:2-3, 13

"Are you so foolish?

After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?

Have you suffered so much for nothing - if it really was for nothing?

Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law,

or because you believe what you heard?"

Gal 3:3-5

"... the fruit of the Spirit is

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.

Against such things there is no law...

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other."

Gal 5:22-26

And this prayer of response:

Dear Father,

I need You.

I acknowledge that I have sinned against You by directing my own life.

I thank You that You have forgiven my sins through Christ’s death on the cross for me.

I now invite Christ to again take His place on the throne of my life.

Fill me with the Holy Spirit as You commanded me to be filled,

and as You promised in Your Word that You would do if I asked in faith.

I pray this in the name of Jesus.

I now thank You for filling me with the Holy Spirit and directing my life.

Amen


In retrospect, this passage comes to mind:

"For God does speak - now one way, now another -

though man may not perceive it.

In a dream, in a vision of the night...

he may speak in their ears...

to turn man from wrongdoing and keep him from pride...

or a man may be chastened on a bed of pain...

He prays to God and finds favour with him,

he sees God's face and shouts for joy;

he is restored...

God does all these things to a man - twice, even three times -

to turn him back from the grave,

that the light of life may shine on him."

Job 33: 14-30


i pray that YOU and I would be open, sensitive and quick to all that God is saying to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home