Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!



Wow I'm 28. 

Seems like not so long ago I was 23, fresh out of uni, and at my first day of work. Five years down the road, and I'm sitting at the same desk, but in a different office, with a few different faces around me and different wisdoms gained over the years. But still the same Dotz :)

My birthday came and went really quickly (!!!) but was quite different from recent birthdays, as it was full of emotions. Heh. I cried at the last time I would lead worship at the SOLead graduation. I giggled with glee when I predicted (correctly) my cake surprise at Team Prayer! And then I cried again last night when I thought of leaving this family I have come to love so much.

But then... that in itself is part of the reason to move. Not in a sadistic-I-want-to-cause-myself-suffering way, but in a stepping-out-of-the-boat way. In many senses, my ministry has become a safety net for me, a safe harbour that I am comfortable in. And over the past few months, I increasingly feel God challenging me to try something new. 

I know (and I hope!) I might come back on staff someday :) but in the meanwhile, I'm treasuring these last few months for all its worth and seeking God on what to do next. 

This being my fifth bday on staff, I thought it's also a good time to finally make the move. And so, for all my wonderful readers and friends who have journeyed with me throughout the past few years, please please please continue to journey with me at my new space here. I love you, and I'll see you there!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home