Wednesday, September 28, 2005

a bloodied knee

i have this huge splash of red on my left knee. had a nasty fall tis morning, when i was out jogging on my own. i tripped on some bit of the pavement and went sprawling forward. got a few bruises and scrapes on both knees, and a huge gash on the left knee.

*ouch*

it didn't hurt too much. i think i was just stunned by the 'malu-ness' of the situation... anyways. this horrible guy just jogged right past me loh! so much for singa lion's courtesy campaign. hmph.

anyway... i felt quite sorry for myself... just hobbled my way back to GC, and had to keep stopping to wipe the dripping trails of blood so that it wouldn't stain my sox. as i walked back, i was like "why, God, why?!" but not in an i'm-angry-at-God way. it was quite funny actually... cos i've been trying to start up my jogging routine again after two weeks of hiatus, and this is how it had to start. haha... sigh... haha... sigh... (you get the mood)

back at GC it was such a comfort to sink into my bed and wash and clean my wounds. the gals were really great, they were very caring and helpful and got me flavin and cotton wool. =) i felt pretty pampered after all that! thank God for their support in my time of need.

so, now my knee is throbbing madly, but at least it's not a very deep cut. i hope it will heal up soon, so that i can be comfortably mobile for our first Void performance next thursday!!! =)

* * *

btw. i passed three checkouts so far!!! thank God for really carrying me thru. i think the thing abt being so overwhelmed and stressed with things to be done, is that it's easier to give thanks to God when we actually manage to do it! cos i really see how He has carried me thru those times of sleeplessness and worry.

there are many more hills to climb.

checkouts i have finished:

1. life in the Spirit message

2. english 4SL memorisation

3. chinese 4SL memorisation

checkouts to clear:

1. Making the Gospel clear

2. Why does a loving God allow pain/suffering?

3. Deity of Christ

4. The Reliability of the Bible


* * *

i am still in need of guys for our acappella band. ESPECIALLY a bass singer. please help me spread the word around if you read this, and come alongside to pray with me, that God will provide the person(s) that He has prepared! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home