Thursday, May 11, 2006

when love takes you in

- that's my favourite of the songs that i heard.

went to a steven curtis chapman concert on tuesday night. my first time seeing him live, and boy, was it good! i mean, he's such a great performer, and his voice and piano playing are... really good. but more than that, i was really touched by his heartfelt sharing about his struggles and joys, his family and his growing up years and experiences.

i was really moved when he showed us a music video of his song 'when love takes you in'. the star of the video is his adopted daughter johanna, and it was really moving to see how they welcomed this child into their lives.

anyhow, the other person i really enjoyed watching was his bassist! pic below, he's on my left, in dark blue tee. he was really grooving on stage, and somehow just won me over with his playing and humble manner.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


ooh, and i definitely want to play one of his songs at my wedding in the future!!! =)

I WILL BE HERE

Tomorrow mornin' if you wake up
And the sun does not appear
I...I will be here

If in the dark we lose sight of love
Hold my hand and have no fear
'Cause I...I will be here

I will be here...
When you feel like bein' quiet
When you need to speak your mind
I will listen
And I will be here
When the laughter turns to cryin'
Through the winnin' and losin' and tryin'
We'll be together
'Cause I will be here

Tomorrow mornin' if you wake up
And the future is unclear
I...I'll be here

Just as sure as seasons are made for change
Our lifetimes are made for years
I...I will be here

I will be here....
You can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you

And I will be here
To watch you grow in beauty
And tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here

I will be true
To the promise I have made
To you and to the
One who gave you to me

I...I will be here

And just as sure as seasons are made for change
Our lifetimes are made for years
'Cause I...
I will be here....
We'll be together

'Cause I will be here

3 Comments:

At 10:03 PM , Blogger Drew said...

oh that song's a Chapman classic...
did he mention that his drummer is dating his daughter? hahaha...

I wanted to play/perform that song at my wedding too. But on second thought, I think I will just compose something for my wife, hahaha...

if I ever get married.

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger :: dotz :: said...

hee hee... he was signing autographs after the concert. so we queued up for autographs! =) hee... and while we were doing that, pat noticed the rest of the band going to another exit and alerted me! so i ran over and asked for a pic with the bassist, and he got his whole team in! =D yay...

 
At 12:06 AM , Blogger DarkRed said...

*gasp* the bassist is adam nitti!

*chihuahua*!

glad u had a gd time sister, TURT... its that time again - ready to save the world?

;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home