Tuesday, July 04, 2006

a new perspective

just had a chat with pat, in light of the feelings of my recent blog post.

God, you didn't give me this passion to just give up like that. right?

well, maybe You did. maybe it's a lesson in surrendering for me.

but also...

maybe it's a chance to stretch my faith. to truly put my hope in You.

i'm afraid of auditioning. afraid of failing. especially because i know people will think "i knew it" or "i told you so". i feel so small and insecure suddenly. and it's scary cos i don't want to practice and practice, and then be told "you're not good enough".

ironic, isn't it?

the theme of TURT was "what makes me somebody?" i feel like i'm learning that now. in a whole new light.

what makes me somebody?

do i need to be told i'm good, that i'm 'enough' to feel significant?

or is Your approval enough for me?

honestly, two years ago, my confidence was shattered two TURTs ago. i thought i had dealt with those feelings, but i know now there are still remnants drifiting around in my heart. little shards of glass that can suddenly pierce the soul.

but God, You are the God who heals. the God who hears. the God who cares.

i know that i can run to You and find comfort in Your arms. i can read psalm 139 and know that i AM wonderfully and uniquely made.

YOU make me somebody. =)

4 Comments:

At 12:08 AM , Blogger Rongjie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:10 AM , Blogger Rongjie said...

hey dotz,
i'm not too good at words but i really hope that you press on in serving him! So far when i'm looking you from outside, you are doing really really great! i'm not too sure about the whole picture of what happen but God is a God that works in different ways!

I always admire how you can use the gift of singing and also the gift of teaching others to sing (which i can never do). You are just Dotz! (not meant to be a joke)

Press on of what is ahead! God will always be by your side!! TAKE CARE DOTZ, I'LL ALWAYS BE BEHIND ROOTING FOR YOU!!! (Jesus will root for you too) Heez..

 
At 12:25 AM , Blogger Rongjie said...

Just to add (coz just read it on a net article)
"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Gal 1:10

 
At 12:25 AM , Blogger Rongjie said...

Just to add (coz just read it on a net article)
"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Gal 1:10

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home