Monday, May 14, 2007

building deep

today the ultimate road trip (TURT), ForeRunner's staple missions project, began with a bang! it's been a great day so far, getting to know the students and finding out what they're like.

but what touched.impacted me the most was the sharing by my colleague and friend Alvin. he shared about things that he has experienced. painful times, times of growth and sorrow and stretching and testing of faith. i was hugely encouraged by his willingness to be so vulnerable and open with the team, and very touched by how God has been so real in his mum's life.

it also got me thinking about my own heart life. recently i;ve seen how task-oriented i can become, and how that really drives me away from God and from people at times. i'm reminded that it's so important to always have God as my source of joy, my source of security, my source of significance, my source of life.

we sang the song "Hungry". i wept because i feel so much like the writer felt.


* * *

hungry, i come to You, for i know You satisfy
i am weary but i know Your touch restores my life
so I wait for You, so I wait for You

I'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus You're all this heart is living for...


come fill me, and renew my love for You.

help me build deep. roots that will last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home