Wednesday, July 18, 2007

WE DID IT!!!

I'm a wifey. =)

Hee. I like the sound of that.

Yup, mel and I got marrieeeeed on Saturday, 14 July, at my church. It was really everything I had dreamed of, or could hope for. Seeing all my friends gathered there to witness this occasion was so heart-warming. Saying goodbye to my family was tear-jerking and emo. Saying my vows to mel and looking him in the eye was pretty much overwhelming.

But through it all, God allowed me to really BE in the moment of the day. In fact, that's my hugest thanksgiving - that we could really cherish all that the day brought - whether things went accordin to plan or not. and that's because of all the AWESOME help we had, from family and friends!! =)

Thanks everyone... hugz

So now I'm a Mrs Chow. or as Yann and Dawn put it, Mr(S)melly. bleah. heh

It's been a strange, surreal, exciting, overwhelmin few days, settling into our Seng Kang flat *rental for a few months* and 'keeping house'. i do miss my home terribly - my room, my stuff toys, the familiar sounds of my family, the breeze from the sea... and i've burst into tears over the smallest thing over the past few days... but dear mel has been very patient and understanding and let me cry on him. so that helps a lot.

it's a lot better today. somehow it feels like I'm on the road to 'adjusting'. i dunno why it seems easier for mel, but i suspect it's a guy-thing. heh

so. today i did lots of nice wifey things. i woke up earlier to make pancakes. (sadly misshapen and slightly burnt, but my first solo attempt okay!) i washed the clothes in the washing machine and spent almost an hour sitting in front of it mesmerized b it's spinning. we hung the clothes up together. i met friends for lunch at raffles place. came back and we went to NTUC grocery shopping, and got stuff for the house as well - like tap filters and tea bags and coffee and dishwashing liquid. i cooked two dishes with my spanking new teflon saucepanny. packed the food and we came to my grandma's for dinner. we came home and bathed. now checking emails in companionable silence at starbucks opposite the road.

yup.

all in all, a happy day. =)

so. wedding pics will be out in august, and i'll try to upload a slideshow our wonderful photog did! =D meanwhile, we're off on our honeymoon on friday!!! i can't wait! =D

share more when i'm backkk

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM , Blogger mel said...

dearest dotz, i am so happy for you. i love this entry where you talk about the joys of making misshapened pancakes and watching a washing machine spin. you are a lovely girl with a beautiful soul - the other mel is mighty blessed to have you by his side :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home