Friday, March 20, 2009

precious times

just came back from a gig at SMU. my task today was to man the video cam, which is actually a lot more tougher than it looks! cos you need to have 100% attention on what's happening on stage, as well as control the zooms and pans with steady hands. but this post isn't about my mediocre video-ing skills.

it's about the gradual realization of how precious the time is. about how important it is to really live in the moment and treasure every minute and every encounter, every person and every conversation. i'm coming to five years on staff, and when I look back at the journey I have gone through, I see a very colourful painting indeed.

RED, ORANGE & YELLOW - for the sunshiny moments when I received words of affirmation, encouragement, and a helping hand.

PINK - for the unforgettable surprise pink party that the FR team threw for me when I finished my staff training!

GREEN - for the security and acceptance I have found in this second family of mine. kind of like a verdant hedge of protection. no doubt God's acceptance is the only one that's 100%, but these friends come pretty close.

PURPLE - for the variety of characters I have gotten to know and work with and quarrel with and laugh with and cry with... purple is such a wide range of colours, going from maroon to violet, and that's very much like this team

BLUE - for the captured moments of time when I have felt truly blessed, very loved, and extremely grateful that God put me here

GREY - for the many heart struggles and pain I have gone through in my journey of learning what it is to be an authentic Christian. for the nights of tears and the agony of feeling misunderstood and unappreciated. for each time I realize that I don't measure up, and it's ok.

BLACK & WHITE - for the decisions that God has helped me make. for the ways in which He has directed my paths - in dating, in marriage, in Snooze, in encouraging my team.


what a rich experience it has been. the Lord is my Shepherd, i shall not be in want. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home