Tuesday, December 02, 2008

finding rest

The theme for today's team prayer was "Rest". How apt.T

Yesterday night, while spending time with God and pouring out all my feelings to Him, I was reminded of this verse that I used to have memorized, but realized I had forgotten bits and pieces of. here it is:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the PEACE of God that transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7

Reading it was a huge reminder of His presence and faithfulness, and gave me the anchor I think I needed to reign in all my emotions and remember that my God is with me. i found myself able to sleep in peace thinking about the words, and the verse was the one of the first thoughts I had when I woke up too! =) Thank God.

Thanks also to Grace and Joy for their concern and encouragement, it really really helped =)

Today was a whole lot better than yesterday. The verse has been with me throughout the day, and the truth of it has been so calming at moments when I suddenly think of Mel. And reading this on my friend's blog also reinforced the 'lesson' I am learning:

"So Jesus says, “I will quiet you with My love” (Zephaniah 3:17). A woman of true beauty is a woman who in the depths of her soul is at rest; trusting God because she has come to know Him to be worthy of her trust. She exudes a sense of calm; a sense of rest; and invites those around her to rest as well. She speaks comfort; that all is well; that all will be well."

May I learn to trust God, and rest in knowing He is with me...

3 Comments:

At 1:30 PM , Blogger kunquan said...

JIA YOU!! hehehe



K.Q

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger :: volks1749 :: said...

hey dot! do drop us (elaine, jane, haidee) a msg for tea/dinner if u can...its been eons since we last met up :)

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger :: volks1749 :: said...

oppss..forgot to sign-off

g'day
shing yian :))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home