Tuesday, December 30, 2008

post Christmas update

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Yes it's rather late... I know. I was just reflecting this morning that even though I've been on leave since Christmas Eve (until 2 Jan), it hasn't felt particularly restful - and I think it's my own doing. Possibly a combination of my perpetual performance-anxiety mode and the fact that we've packed the week with parties - 4 in 8 days, out of which 3 are at my place! Time to discipline myself into taking rest...

Anyway I've resolved that for tonight's party, I will not think about tomorrow, not worry about the state of the living room floor, and not wrestle with thoughts of what to wear for the next party! Instead, I will focus on my friends and the yummy food, and just ENJOY the moment. hee... easier said than done, but no harm trying...

Here's some pics from the most recent party - my CG Christmas Lunch!

Photobucket
Many more shoes than usual at our front door...

Photobucket
Cool drinks brought by Kun Quan~ I love the retro feel of the apple bottle drink!

Photobucket
My roasted chix drumstix - marinade included soy sauce, honey, garlic, allspice, pepper and olive oil.

Photobucket
Kee Onn & Silin hard at work on our never-ending Jigsaw Puzzle

Photobucket
ALL THE FOOD!!!

Photobucket
Mel praying before we tuck in

Photobucket
Games time! Jan was very patiently explaining the game "Balderdash"
Photobucket

Photobucket
Presents under the tree for our gift exchange. =)

Photobucket
Group photo!! SK & Erny, we miss you!!

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM , Blogger kunquan said...

Heya...Thank You so much for opening your house for Christmas. I love doing house visits hahaha...good food, simple fellowship. =D Nice house too=P I will open my house when there is a chance! Thanks again.

Happy New Year! God Blessings flow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home