Monday, December 27, 2004

back to the real world

yup, back to work today - after a two-week hiatus away from desks and meetings and deadlines... haha

but don't get me wrong - i love my job! especially with the cool bunch of colleagues i have =) hee hee. not many people can say that and mean it, but i do... it's just great to work with like-minded people who love God and who put Him first in what they do, and encourage each other to do the same. sure, no one's perfect, but everyone tries to accept each other the way they are. i think it really shows me what it means to show the world that "we are Christians by our love". *aw*

=)

hee hee

today we had an afternoon of packing 300 pieces of our ministry's newsletter to be sent out to our ministry supporters. phew... factory line work can be very tiring. especially cos the darn paper was so stiff and difficult to fold. took us about 2 hours to fold, stuff into envelopes, label, stamp the return address and seal. but kinda therapeutic in a way, when you don't have to think about much stuff =b

*stone*

then, hurrah hurrah!!! *fanfare* i had my first guitar lesson! first official one anyway. been learning bits here and there from friends, but this was my first 'organised' lesson =D (thanks so much melvyn!) i'm really excited about all that i will learn in the months ahead.

been wanting to learn for AGES, but no one really had the time to teach me regularly. so this is a first for me. really glad for this opportunity to learn... *smiles*

well, today i learnt that i need to work A LOT on pressing the strings correctly. my fingers quite stubborn lah,,, and refuse to bend properly sometimes. haiz...

and i learnt that i should practice changing chords reeeally s-l-o-w-l-y so that i train my fingers to be certain of how to change and this will help when i'm learning new chords in future.

but anyway, i still learnt my first two songs. =D can't play them properly yet, but the chords are way cool!

1. fly me to the moon - jazz style! i adore jazz and '7s' and that kinda sound... so this is a favourite song of mine, =)

2. Jesus loves me this I know - deceptively simple on the piano, but not so easy on the guitar, especially with my oaf-fy fingers... sigh...

but it's really fun to learn!!! painful though... *ouch*

Fly me to the moon
Let me sing among those stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby kiss me

Fill my heart with song
Let me sing for ever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore

In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

- Frank Sinatra -


1 Comments:

At 12:58 AM , Blogger Simon Seow said...

thank u 4 ur kind words... I enjoy u as a team member too! U bring a new fresh dynamic to our team.. and I'm sooo glad you're on board with us! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home