Saturday, July 23, 2005

end of a great first day =)

just finished the evening session of worship and message by dr. alice matthews (she got her phd at the age of 70?!?!) a really encouraging message, reminding me that God is a God of second chances. the passage she expounded on was John 8:1-12.

how many times have you felt like 'kicking' yourself for something silly or stupid or plain sinful that you did or thought or said? well, i know i've experienced that quite a lot in my life! what alice reminded me was that God is truly our God of grace, not condoning sin, but not condemning the sinner.

it was a really timely reminder for me. as i grapple with perhaps having to give this whole new staff thing yet another think-through and pray-over... i am reminded that it's ok to not be certain; it's ok to second guess; i don't have to blame myself for not being wise or surrendered enough the first time round... i can simply bring all my fears and concerns to God and wait for Him to speak to me, and know that He is pleased with a surrendered heart and a humble spirit.

the songs this evening really ministered to me too. a lot of them were new, so i cna't remember the lyrics now =b but thank God for blessing us (through keynote) with a free copy each of the cd compilation of all the worship songs that were sung today! =) hee...

we also got a lot of freebies from the ministry fair. in fact, i had to turn some away, cos i dun think my luggage will hold a 10 inch tall stuffed toy dalmation doggie for instance =b hee...

ok going back to my humble lil abode now... i'm looking forward to tomorrow's session. it's kind of scary too, because i have all these residual fears in the back of my mind about the future, and i'm feeling like God just wants me to let go and to trust Him and to wait for Him to reassure and encourage and direct me in His own time. but it's kinda hard to not let that distract me.

what to say, Lord

it's You who give me life!

and i can't explain just how much You mean to me now.

that You would guide me in every single step i take

that everyday i can be a light that shines Your Name!

every day

it's You i live for

every day

i'll follow after You

every day

i'll walk with You my Lord

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home