Saturday, October 15, 2005

tired but refreshed

what a long, tiring week! and yet, how it has refreshed me in God's love.

monday started off pretty discouraging... cos the checkout didn't go too well, and we had some very direct feedback about areas to improve on. not that i don't appreciate the comments, jus that i felt it COULD have been done a whole lot more constructively, and positively. oh well...

that over, i felt quite miserable, but was reminded to put my HOPE in God, and to remember His unfailinf and unchanging love and acceptance for me! and that has spurred me on.

in fact, as i have realised over time, i have finally reached THE STAGE. that stage is where and when i feel at ease with myself. i dun have to strive to merit God's love, or for people's approval. my focus is on God, and i just have to give Him my best and leave the rest to Him.

this feeling tends to come and go for me, but i know i was in this 'state' during TURT 04 - which is why i was able to handle tripping onstagem forgetting lyrics etc... cos i knew that it was all right, that doing/not doing those things was not taking me any further from God.

this time round, after a long time of no performing, it took me until now to reach 'this stage'. where i feel comfortable with myself, and with hearing others feedback - even negative ones - and yet performing in confidence for my God. =)

so i thank God for that.

acappella pracs have also been going good. so glad that everyone has been so enthusiastic and really giving their best in learning some of the difficult bits! =D it's pretty exciting to see the songs taking shape and form.

so... tired? yes.

but i am happily refreshed too, and anticipating the week ahead! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home