Monday, October 17, 2005

what if... ?

what if... i get bitten by a dengue mosquito?

what if... the scar on my knee never goes away?

what if... i trip and fall onstage during Void's performances this week?

what if... i double-book myself?

what if... acappella is a huge flop and it's all my fault?

what if... our gigs get cancelled?

what if... i can't raise my full support?

what if... mel and i end up like those middle-aged couples who spend all their time quarreling or being indifferent?

so many what-ifs!


but...

what if... God had not sent His Son down to empathise with my pain?

what if... Jesus hadn't been willing to die for me?

what if... Jesus hadn't demonstrated the meaning of true love and grace to me?

what if... God hadn't promised to be with me forever?

what if... I didn't have the Holy Spirit to guide me every day?

what if... i hadn't been given the chance to have this relationship with God?

what if... my parents were against Christianity?

what if... I didn't have Christ to walk through every joy and every struggle of every day with me?




* * *

Dear God, so many of my what-ifs have been answered by you. Help me to trust You and depend on You for all the other what-ifs that will come my way. Amen.

4 Comments:

At 1:20 PM , Blogger Life's Full of SynchoPATions said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Life's Full of SynchoPATions said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:28 AM , Blogger Life's Full of SynchoPATions said...

'Atta girl! You've hit the nail on the head with these reflections... The secret to right answers often lie in asking the right questions. The 2nd set of qns are those... =]
Know that God is always FOR you, no matter what the circumstances look like or tell us. (Hebrews 6:11; Rom 8:31).

Go Dotzu!

Always proud of ya,

P'Patsy

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger cybeRanger said...

What if means Worry...

Let not your heart be troubled...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home