Monday, November 21, 2005

a busy day of rest

well... it was MEANT to be restful day.

it started out pretty restful. i woke up at 9 =D haha... (that's considered late for me, i can't sleep once the sun gets bright) had a nice leisurely breakfast of cinnamon bread bought by my nice mum.

made my way leisurely to hq to print stuff for FR and my tokyo newsletter. then... *horrors* sudden flash of memory that i had agreed to meet my friends for lunch. ARGHHHH

met them when they came to singapore for exchange during school days, and now they are here for a holiday. so... frantically emailed them, hoping that they would read their mail (no hp number to call) and know that i'd be late.

thank God for people who check their emails every other hour...

yes they checked. phew. so we still managed to meet. but i had to rush there from hq, so was quite flustered.

we had a super lunch at thai express. i really really LOVE mango salad. and today i had phat thai talay. yummmm =b

after lunch they left to go embassy to get their visas (they're planning to visit thailand, vietnam and indonesia. wow!) and i left for bras basah, where i spent about 2 hours wandering ard getting stuff for Christmas wrapping and FR stuff.

and i also found an hour to spend in retreat in macs. had a nice cozy corner all to myself =) and i was able to just talk to God about some stuff that's been on my mind. i won't say that i'm like completely resolved abt everything, but i do feel refreshed through that time.

basically, i was asking God what He is trying to teach me throughn what i am experiencing, and He asnswered me. sort of.

so... i look forward to how God will continue to teach me and mold me in the weeks ahead as i struggle with some of these things. =)

my favourite psalm has new-found meaning for me - Psalms 23

after my nice time of solitude, i walked on to bugis, where i spent abt half an hour scouting ard in the market for sth cool for the 70s staff Christmas party we are having in Dec. heh... i got some really funky green accessories! =D hah! as for clothes, shall make do with what stuff i have. think Christmas gift shopping has drained my finances somewhat, so must try to save elsewhere.

yeah... so it was kind of a busy day. but still, i do feel rested! =D yay

now waiting for harry potter to start. muahaha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home