Monday, December 01, 2008

i need some distractions

the hubby left this morning. =( it was a tearful farewell... i thought i wouldn't cry in a public place, but i did, but thankfully not a lot, just sniffs and sobs as we approached the departure gate. i managed to keep a brave smiling face waving as he walked through the gantry on towards his gate, and then resolutely turned around to trudge towards the MRT line. But as I walked towards the MRT, my eyes just filled up with tears and I had to brush them away quickly, cos I didn't want people to see and wonder. by the time I reached the train, the tears had stopped, and I was busy thinking of all the things I want/need to do today/thisweek/nextweek so that I won't think about missing him. this ploy worked until I walked through my front door and remembered that he won't be home tonight after work today, and I burst into tears and very quickly worked myself through a few sheets of tissue.

this was followed by a round of journaling, and then a marathon of the Ellen Degeneres show, Martha Stewart and Rachael Ray. then i cooked myself instant noodles for lunch. (actually I wasn't hungry but I just felt I should eat sth unhealthy. sigh.) then I baked a batch of blueberry muffins, which I almost burnt but didn't =) it was very therapeutic baking the muffins, cos all I needed to think about were "1/2 cup sugar"... "Tablespoon? Where's the tablespoon?" and "More soap".

anyways so now that's done, and the muffins are brown and cooling away, and I'm back to nothing to do. But yet I don't really wanna talk to people, I just want to be alone with me. But then again, that means I need to do sth with myself.

hmmm...

and I don't want to go out, cos I don't want to spend money unnecessarily which I probably will in this mood...

hmmm...

anyway, happy thoughts of last night. we had a super date, because we won't get to go out for the next fortnight, and we went to Ikoi Restaurant at Hotel Miramar for a Japanese buffet, which was pretty fantastic (i had 8 slivers of salmon sashimi all to myself). after dinner, we took a nice slow walk down orchard road. i wanted to take pictures with the lights, but there were too many people crowded on the sidewalks so I didn't. He got his webcam so that we can skype each other when he gets the time, and he bought me a pair of Birkies, my Christmas present!! My current birkies are 3 years old and still usable, it's just that they're quite faded and scratched up, so I've been wanting to get a new pair. Yay!!!

it was just a really nice, cosy, happy evening. =)

I know this is just two weeks, and so many people I know have to deal with far FAR more, like months or years apart! I'm really impressed and inspired by friends like them, and I can only imagine how much harder it is! for me, 2 weeks is already more than enough. I don't think I would ever have survived a long distance relationship man...

yep. ok I'm off to vacuum and mop the floor now. that should take me until dinner time, when I can go out for dinner before my jap lesson. And soon... well actually about 15 hours more... Mel will touch down in Denver! =) i'm looking forward to our first skype talk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home