Saturday, March 12, 2005

feeling rested =)

after a really hectic and fruitful week of work... really enjoyed my day of rest.

i had a good time of personal bible study in the morning. today's session was on haggar. i'm doing this book on women of the Bible, and this is the third gal... heh =) it was really good, as it helped me to see the world as haggar must have seen it from her status and perspective, and better understand the feelings of shame, hurt, injustice and rejection that she must have felt...

it reminded me that, even at our lowest moments, God sees and God cares. and that He is right here with me, going through it. it might not mean He makes everything 'all-right' and wonderful, but He is with me through the storm. =)

* * *

had a really nice afternoon too with mel. shopping! =) and got a really pretty twinkly crystal cross pendent. i love it a lot! =) steered far away from the SALES signs and clothes stores... haha... so hard to be disciplined =b heh...

after that met justin, a pretty new friend, to tell him about FR and my ministry. yup yup, i'm really excited about getting more people on my team of supporters, because, as i was reminded recently, it's not just a matter of people giving their time (prayer) and money to me, but it's also building a team of friends who 'go with me' wherever i go! it's liike all of us are working hand in hand to bring God's love to the world, but by different ways. in a way, they are 'going through me' - what a great partnership! =)

really appreciate those who support me more and more. thanks guys and gals!

* * *

tomorrow is elaine's TWENTY-FIRST birthday! wow... am i old... =( but happy birthday elaine!! *hugz* i'm quite excited about her bday party, which our cell group is organising. heh heh... hope all goes well... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home