Thursday, March 10, 2005

so blessed =)

today we had a session on 'Pitfalls of Leadership". it was a really good reminder for me. not exactly based on what was shared, but thoughts triggered by the main points. i thank God for giving me time to reflect on it and ponder my next steps...

in a nutshell, things i was reminded of:

1. i am responsible for my own spiritual growth. (1 corinthians 13:11-12)

- thank God for the myriad of experiences and growing pains i have gone thru the past year. as i look back, i marvel at His perfect timing and co-ordination of events in my life!

- but i see that my knowledge of God's word is not growing as much as i would like it to. sure my qt is regular, and i enjoy cell prep, but still... i need to have more intentional personal bible study time. so that's what i'm aiming for...

2. intentional and pro-active support raising is part of this journey as a staff

- i've been blessed with healthy support thus far.

- two trips on my plate. and when i switch to 'staff' status, there will be a higher monthly support to raise. God reminded me that i am not being a good steward of my free time if i do not actively seek to raise more co-labourers for His harvest-field.

- while rest time and relaxing is good and necessary, i need to commit to more regular and consistent seeking of new supporters and build my relationships with existing ones.

- thank you everyone who has and is supporting me through prayer and finances! i am so SO blessed. =)

3. God is VERY interested in me

- looking back on the road i've travelled... He is gently leading me to where he wants me to be character-wise. while i am WAAAAY far from perfect, as the common analogy goes - i am in the process of being refined, like gold in a goldsmith's hand; like clay in the Potter's hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home