Sunday, January 09, 2005

your love makes me sing!

ok, for those of you who are still upset with God about the recent tsunami disaster, maybe you'd better not read this. this is not meant to be a condemnation of your feelings or to belittle the empathic pain you feel. it's also not meant to make light of the whole issue, which is still so saddening and distressing.

but - a glimmer of hope!

i've been kind of thinking of why God would allow something like that to happen. and i've been telling myself and others that it's really just out of our league - that only God knows, and that we have to choose that He knew what He was doing and that He can make it work for good. But amidst all that, it was still very much a conscious choice to trust God despite human understanding of the situation - it was hard to be convicted that what happened is 'for good'.

but tonight, i met up with two of my supporters. and what they shared really amazed me.

ok, most of you might think i'm dumb for not realizing this sooner... but i should warn you i'm HOPELESS when it comes to general knowledge and world events. seriously. it's something i'm working on - to read more newspapers and stuff on world issues...

anyway, i did not know that aceh is a religious military base.

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/para/aceh.htm

check it out if you're as clueless as i was. =b

so... what can i say in response to this?

WOW.

wow, God. You saw that your people were suffering. you knew that it was near impossible for mission teams to get in to share Your love with them. you saw their desperate need for You, and for Someone they could turn to.

then, the tsunami happened.

now Christian groups are being welcomed into aceh. they bring with them food, clothing, sanitation, infrastructure, skills. but more than that - they are bringing in the Good News that there is a God that loved them so much that He sent His only begotten Son to die for them, and who has chosen them from their birth to start a love relationship with Him. and who has worked all things for THAT good.

Wow, God WoW!


Your love is amazing

steady abd unchanging

Your love is a mountain

firm beneath my feet

Your love is a mystery

how You gently lift me

when I am surrounded

Your love carries me


Your love is surprising

I can feel it rising

all this joy that's growing

deep inside of me

every time i see You

all Your goodness shines through

I can feel this God-song

rising up in me


Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Your love makes me sing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home