Tuesday, May 24, 2005

candle in the wind

yesterday was the Gen12ii commissioning. the night was quite emotionally charged, as we had time to remember and mourn, as well as rejoice, over the life and death of our fellow staff worker christopher.

even though i didn't know him that well, the tears still came to my eyes as we watched a video of his struggles and the times he enjoyed with family and his really sweet girlfriend. like many others around me, i was so inspired by his testimony, that lives on even though he is no longer on this earth. and, as his girlfriend reminded us through the video, chris lives on - in heaven! and one day we will all meet again.

blessed hope, indeed. =)

to close the evening, we had a little candle-lighting ceremony to signify the passing on of the baton from those who have returned from trips to those who are going for trips in the next 2 months.

as i held my flickering candle, i was actually struggling within me. i feel like for the past few weeks, everything has been just so busy, and my mind so filled with details, that i dared not steal a breath, in case everything toppled on top of me!

and i really feel like i'm like that flickering candle... like my flame is faltering and going to die out... too many things and thoughts and feelings!

hmmm... a bit too emotional now... and need to collect my thoughts. will continue tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home