Thursday, May 12, 2005

it has begun...

alpha camp ended yesterday - the journey has begun!

it was great to see the students having fun with each other. we had various team building games too, which really showed off our strengths and weaknesses. it was a pretty humbling time for many of us as we saw ourselves in the new light. the DISC session after that helped us in that area too... and i was amazed to find that my 'profile' has changed quite drastically!

last year, during TURT, i did the full test for the first time, and i was a S-C-I-D. (S = Stable, C = Cautious, I = Influencer, D = Dominant) this was true of my behavior whether or not i was stressed or not. however this year... haha, MAJOR change!

i am now I-S-C-D in my stressed state! my natural state is C-S-I-D - so not much change there... i was really surprised, cos my 'I' went from being really low (rock-bottom!) to being my highest point on my 'stress' graph! haha...

simon surmised that this might be due to my being in forerunner, whose members are mostly high 'I's and 'D's. i guess that would probably be somewhat true =b like i guess i have adapted somewhat to the way they talk and have meetings and discussions and stuff... and along the way i have developed my 'I' side a bit. heh...

hmmm...

anyways... training started proper today, here at GCTC, and in about 5 minutes, we're gonna have our FIRST rehearsal!! =D looking forward to that, and seeing the band in action. =)

hmmm...

it feels kinda sad though... cos yesterday mel flew off to australia for a two-week business trip. sigh... i know it's only two weeks, but it still feels kinda sad... oh well... i think it's also a good opportunity for us to experience this 'independance' in a sense, and to not need each other to be around all the time... and i hope he has a super time! =)

k gtg now...

i miss the good old days of ample blogging time =b ha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home