Friday, May 27, 2005

happy belated birthday to me =)

hee hee

k, my brother very kindly helped me to take these pics =) yay! so here are some of my most special gifts! top three:

1. cutesy cookies!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

mel bought these for me from australia! at first i was kinda surprised... cos i didn't expect cookies =b hee... but oh man... they are so pretty! these pictures dun do them justice.

anyway one is a fishie and one is a butterfly... aw...

they are just so pretty i can't bear to eat! but eat them i will... hee hee hee... after admiring them and taking pretty pix and showing them around. =)

well as i mentioned, i was kinda surprised it was cookies. cos i mean... i dunno what guys normally give their gfs, but i thought normally accessories or bag or stuff liddat.

but then i realised that he spent so much time and effort to get me that. not to 'get' it for me, but 'deciding' to get it for me. he could easily have gotten any pretty trinket for me, and it would have been nice too! but he also knew that all my friends know i'm the kinda girl who likes all these trinkets anyway... so he wanted to give me something no one else would think of giving, and that i would like too! (i like all pretty things...)


haha =D

and he took to much effort to bring it home safely! it's really quite fragile, especially the butterfly. so he bundled them in layers of clothes, and he wrapped them very carefully when he got back home. (aw...) hee...

anyways, in case u were wondering, he oso gave me these two cool books (bunny suicides 1 & 2) that i mentioned i liked when we were shopping one day. hee... really comic relief =D read one on the bus today... heh heh heh

but my favourit-est is still the COOKIES! =)

2. love gift from my cell group

i was so touched that they all shared to give me a one-time gift towards my upcoming mission trips! i've been sharing about these trips, but didn't really think they would give or give much, because many of them are also raising for their own trips. but i thank God for blessing and providing for me thru them!

=)

3. gifts from my mentees! =) jaime and eeleen. sweetie girls... they gave me a really funky pink clutch-shape kinda bag, butterfly earrings and a keychain. and a gorgeous card! hee hee

really touched me cos of the effort that went into getting all these things amidst their very busy and tiring TURT schedule. *sob sob*



* * *


ok, this does not mean that i dun love my other gifts! i love ALL of them. the heart that went into getting them or writing a card really touches me and reminds me of how blessed i am, and how loved! =) thank u EVERYONE! *hugz* hee...

last but not least, the biggest surprise was when grace and joel burst in on us at the hair dressser's (brought the girls for hair makeovers for the performance)with a HUGE purple birthday balloon (i never had one before!!!) with silver bells at the bottom of it, and a sweet little box of truffles and sang me "Happy Birthday"! hee... that was really a surprise - my first ever! =) haha...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

thank You God for all my loved ones. birthdays are special because of these...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home