Friday, September 29, 2006

indescribable

but i shall TRY to describe some of what i have seen, felt, heard, learned over the past week, here at the lausanne younger leaders' gathering in Port Dickson.

* God really loves me so much!

* God really really loves people so much! He has a plan to win them to him, in such amazing, and unexpected, and unimaginable ways, and with such grace and perfect timing.

* there is so much pain in the world.

* everyone is broken. whether by family, friends, circumstances, relationships or career... everyone has a story to tell.

* i really have such a weak heart for prayer.

* the africans are awesome dancers!

* seeing the NATIONS - literally!!! - praising and worshipping God together is utterly wonderful. like what my friend said, it's alike a foretaste of what heaven will be like.

* God really works in our weaknesses. His strength is made perfect indeed.

* worship is an offering of our pain, our joys, our strengths and weaknesses to God, and beholding His glory, that makes all these fade away.

* each and every time of worship has really torn my heart, allowed me to encounter the Holy Spirit's presence, and brought so mant tears to my eyes.

* the poor and illiterate, the downtrodden and outcasts, need our prayers - so desperately!

* i repent of my hardened heart, of my need for approval from men, of my impatience

* i still care - so greatly - for japan. praise God for allowing me to meet a man who serves there, with his family, and for inspiring me with his encouragement and advice

* i have a long ways to go musically. i have been so humbled by the vast talent that God's people have, and the lack of my own, and the lack of the desire to excel in this area, as i see in these others. i do hope and pray that God will continue to remind me of this, and of my need to grow.

* God is the God of all happenings. He allowed me to run into a guy who knew my cousin while she was in NZ a few years back. how amazing is our God, that i would meet him here!

* God is just awesome. knowing Him and serving Him is SUCH a privilege.


A song that we sang with the nations. by Hillsongs

If my heart has grown cold,
There Your love will unfold;
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand.
When I’m blind to my way,
There Your Spirit will pray;
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand,
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand.

Chorus 1:
Oceans will part; nations come
At the whisper of Your call.
Hope will rise; glory shown.
In my life, Your will be done.

Verse 2:
Present suffering may pass,
Lord, Your mercy will last;
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand.
And my heart will find praise,
I’ll delight in Your way,
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand,
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand.

Chorus 2:
Oceans will part; nations come
At the whisper of Your call.
Hope will rise; glory shown.
In my life, Your will be done.
Oceans will part; nations come
At the whisper of Your call.
Hope will rise; glory shown.
In my life, Your will be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home