Wednesday, February 09, 2005

happy chinese new year to me!

the day started out pretty rough. =( just some family issues and nitty gritties... really felt quite sad and dismal about it, but then the day got a lot better when the ang pows arrived =)

ok ok... i must admit, i'm NOT a stickler for traditions. really... i don't appreciate the meaning of chinese new year. =( i guess i'm very 'banana' in a sense, like i dun like chinese customs and stuff. not because i think little of it, but just not my cup of tea, and i don't feel particularly pressured to maintain them.

but the one custom i do like is ang pows! =D hee hee

and my very sweet cousin gave me a little angpow for my birkenstock fund! so COOL =D

anyway didn't manage to do much visiting today after all. it was so majorly hot all one could do was slouch in from of tv on a bed (and in my case watch audrey hepburn dvd on laptop =b) such a slacker of an afternoon!

but the evening was really nice. i hung out with my cousin at the pool. by the way, i can't swim. i can FLOAT but i can't get my head up of the water to breathe. so er... basically i can 'swim' for as long as i have breath in my lungs =b eh heh heh... but she very patiently attempted (in vain!) to teach me to doggy paddle. i failed miserably however... my feet have a life of their own - headed downwards. heh

really enoyed yakking with her and talking about... girl stuff... and it was cool to finally be in a pool again, even if all i did for most of the time was wallow near the wall. haha... the weather was sublime and the water was nice and refreshing!

now headed over to gran's for dinner. looking forward to american idol tonight and to counting my loot =b hee hee...

oh no... am i very money-faced? =( i'll try not to be.

as for the family issues, i guess it will work itself out in time, God willing. it's really not in my power to do anything about it anyway, all i can do is pray...

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM , Blogger Joel said...

birkenstock fund? what happened to the go America fund?

 
At 11:17 PM , Blogger :: dotz :: said...

tee hee... yesh yesh i am saving up for my go to america fund =) but my cousin said the little ang pow is for my birkenstock fund, so maybe i will start one =)

but the go to america fund is more important, so if anyone wants to contribute to my, er... funds, please direct there. birkenstock fund is a happy BONUS =D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home